Learn the 3 major methods of drug calculation! Calculate with Confidence, 7th Edition (PDF) focuses on the increasing responsibility of the nurse in medication administration, prioritizes client safety with QSEN, and includes updated content that reflects the current scope of practice. This hugely popular textbook covers the proportion and ratio, formula, and dimensional analysis methods offering an easy, step-by-step approach to the calculation and administration of drug dosages. With over 2,100 practice problems, the 7th edition is a comprehensive title focuses on enhancing the learning experience of nursing students at all curricular levels by making content clinically applicable.
- Over 2000 practice problems include pre-test and comprehensive post-test reviews
- NEW! A-Z medication index references page numbers where the drug labels can be found.
- NEW! Medication labels recently added to the market highlights new and updated information relevant to practice.
- Chapter review problems and answer key tests all major topics presented in the chapter and enables you to assess understanding of chapter content.
- Safety Alert boxes highlight issues that may lead to medication errors and empower you to identify actions that must be taken to avoid calculation errors.
- UPDATED Medication Administration chapter includes medication safety, expansion of discussion on client rights, the basic six rights of medication administration, and routes of medication administration.
- Pre-test Basic Math, Comprehensive Unit and Basic Math review tests allow you a 3-part approach to evaluating your understanding of basic math material covered in Unit 1, directing you to review chapters if you miss any of these test questions.
- NEW! Content additions and updates include word problems involving dosages, Critical Thinking Scenarios, a discussion of the concepts regarding safety issues with medication administration and calculation, plus significant updates in the critical care, parenteral medication, insulin, and heparin chapters.
NOTE: This eBook, Calculate with Confidence, 7th edition, in PDF has been converted from an ePub, hence it does not have page numbers.