Accurate drug calculations start here! Clinical Calculations: With Applications to General and Specialty Areas, 8th Edition (PDF) covers all four major drug calculation methods — formula, ratio & proportion, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis. It also includes practice problems not only for general care but also for specialty areas such as pediatrics and critical care. A new chapter covers insulin administration, and concise, illustrated information includes the latest medications, drug administration techniques, and devices. Written by a team of experts led by Joyce Kee, Clinical Calculations 8th edition makes it easy to understand drug calculation and emphasizes patient safety above all else.
- Caution boxes alert you to problems or issues related to various drugs and their administration.
- A comprehensive post-test allows you to test your knowledge of key concepts from the textbook.
- Updated drug information ensures you are familiar with the most commonly used drugs in clinical practice.
- Information on infusion pumps — enteral, single, multi-channel, PCA, and insulin — helps you understand their use in drug administration.
- Detailed, full-color photos and illustrations show the most current equipment for IV therapy, the latest types of pumps, and the newest syringes.
- Calculations for Specialty Areas section addresses the drug calculations needed to practice in pediatric, critical care, labor and delivery, and community settings.
- Coverage of all four major drug calculation methods — ratio & proportion, fractional equation, formula, and dimensional analysis — allows you to apply the method that works best for you.
- Updated information on drug administration techniques and devices helps you master the latest techniques of drug administration, including intravenous, intramuscular, oral, subcutaneous, and other routes.
What’s New in the 8th edition:
- NEW Insulin Administration chapter provides a guide to administering injectable drugs.
- NEW practice problems, drug labels, drugs, and photos keep you up to date with today’s clinical practice.
- NEW! Updated QSEN guidelines and The Joint Commission standards help in reducing medication errors and in providing safe patient care.
NOTE: This sale only includes Clinical Calculations: With Applications to General and Specialty Areas 8e in PDF. No online codes included.