Lewis Vaughn’s Concise Guide to Critical Thinking (PDF) affords a transparent, compact, and economical introduction to vital pondering and argumentative writing. Based on his finest-promoting textual content, The Power of Critical Thinking, Fifth Edition, this cheap quantity is extra manageable than bigger textbooks but extra important than most of the smaller vital pondering handbooks.
* A chapter on hindrances to vital pondering
* A chapter on fallacies and rhetorical persuaders
* Full protection of inference to one of the best rationalization
* A considerable chapter on writing argumentative essays
* Focus on the analysis of proof, authority, and credibility
* Six chapters on figuring out, evaluating, and devising inductive and deductive arguments
* Several workout routines, together with overview questions, workout routines for making use of vital pondering abilities, writing assignments and prompts, and self-evaluation quizzes
* Broad therapy of scientific reasoning, with chapters on inductive reasoning, scientific theories and inference, causal arguments, and scientific technique and concept analysis.
“Vaughn’s textbook includes all that an introduction to critical thinking should cover, is well-written, features thought-provoking exercises and examples, and is reasonably priced.” — Nicholas Smith, Borough of Manhattan Community College
“Vaughn’s Concise Guide to Critical Thinking does an excellent job in encompassing how to evaluate different theories/hypotheses–in a brief yet detailed manner. It is considerably better than any text I have used for informal logic.” — Chris Kramer, Rock Valley College
NOTE: The product solely contains the ebook, Concise Guide to Critical Thinking in PDF. No access codes are included.