Concise yet all-embracing, Cytology: Diagnostic Principles and Clinical Correlates, 5th Edition (PDF) is a practical guide to the diagnostic interpretation of virtually any cytological specimen you may encounter. This highly useful bench manual encompasses all organ systems and situations in which cytology is used, including gynecologic, non-gynecologic, and FNA samples, with a complete differential diagnosis discussion for all major entities.
[Cytology = The branches of medicine and biology concerned with the function and structure of animal and plant cells.]
As with prior editions, the revised 5th Edition stresses on practical issues in diagnosis and the use of cytology in clinical care, making it perfect for both trainee and practicing pathologists.
- Offers an in-depth analysis of common diagnostic pitfalls to assist with daily sign-out and reporting.
- Features over 550 full-color illustrations that provide a real-life perspective of a full range of cytologic findings.
- Includes coverage of patient management in discussions of pertinent clinical features and stresses clinical correlation throughout.
- Explores the role of immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, and molecular biology in resolving difficulties in interpretation and diagnosis.
- Consists of a video on how to perform fine-needle aspiration biopsy, from the patient interview and precautions to a demonstration of techniques.
- Discusses hot topics such as new diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in the differential diagnosis, new techniques, the latest Bethesda System classifications/terminology, and new adjunct tests.
- Uses easy-to-read, bulleted text to give a quick review of key differential diagnoses, indications and methods, clinical pearls, cytomorphologic features, and tissue acquisition protocols for specific entities.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Cytology: Diagnostic Principles and Clinical Correlates, 5e, in PDF. No access codes are included.