Discover Sociology 4th edition (PDF/AZW3/ePub) presents sociology as a discipline of curious minds. The authors inspire curiosity about the social world and empower students by providing the theoretical, conceptual, and empirical tools they need to understand, analyze, and even change the world in which they live.
Organized around 4 main themes—The Sociological Imagination, Technological Transformations of Society, Power and Inequality, and Globalization—the ebook illuminates the social roots of diverse phenomena and institutions, ranging from capitalism and the nuclear family to poverty and deviance. “Behind the Numbers” features illustrate the practical side of sociology and shows college students how to be critical consumers of social science data reported in the media. And every chapter addresses the question, “What can I do with a sociology degree?” by linking the knowledge and skills acquired through studying sociology with specific jobs and career paths.
New to this 4th Edition:
- New openers and essay boxes show the sociological significance of interesting contemporary issues and controversies.
- The “What Can I Do With a Sociology Degree?” feature has been revised to reflect greater geographic, age, gender, and career diversity.
- A new “Discover and Debate” feature focuses on public controversies, and models evidence-based arguments and respectful exchange of ideas.
- Discover Intersections features illustrate a key sociological insight: how class, race, gender, and other statuses often combine to shape our life chances and the organization of power in society.
- Updated social indicators bring in the latest data available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. Census Bureau, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Pew Research Center.
NOTE: This sale only contains the ebook Discover Sociology 4e in it’s original AZW3 format. A converted ePub and PDF are also included. No access codes included.