Dynamic Covalent Chemistry: Principles, Reactions, and Applications, (PDF) offers a comprehensive review of the theory, mechanisms, thermodynamic fundamentals, and design principles of dynamic covalent systems. It includes contributions from a team of international scientists, classified into three main sections encompassing the principles of dynamic covalent chemistry, kinds of dynamic covalent chemical reactions, and the newest applications of dynamic covalent chemistry (DCvC) across a collection of fields.
The last decade has seen marvelous progress in (DCvC) research and industrial applications. The great reversible nature and synthetic power of this chemistry have permitted the development of a variety of functional molecular systems and materials for a wide range of applications in organic synthesis, materials development, drug discovery, nanotechnology, and biotechnology. Yet, till now, there have been no authoritative references dedicated exclusively to this powerful synthetic tool, its current applications, and the most encouraging directions for future development. This ebook fills the yawning gap in the world literature with comprehensive coverage of:
- The energy landscape, the importance of reversibility, entropy vs. enthalpy, and reaction kinetics
- Dynamic covalent assembly of discrete molecular architectures, drug discovery and responsive polymer synthesis,
- Single-type, multi-type, and non-covalent reactions, with an emphasis on the advantages and disadvantages of each reaction type
- Important developing applications of dynamic covalent chemistry in nanotechnology, including both material- and bio-oriented directions
- Real-world examples defining a wide range of industrial applications for organic synthesis, nanotechnology, functional materials development, drug delivery and more
Dynamic Covalent Chemistry: Principles, Reactions, and Applications is a must-reading for chemists and researchers working in dynamic covalent chemistry and supramolecular chemistry. It will also be of value to advanced students and academic researchers interested in applying the principles of (DCvC) in organic synthesis, functional materials development, drug discovery nanotechnology, and chemical biology.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Dynamic Covalent Chemistry: Principles, Reactions, and Applications in PDF. No access codes are included.