The publication of this ebook, Hendee’s Radiation Therapy Physics, 4th Edition, (PDF), more than 10 years on from the publication of the 3rd edition, provides a comprehensive and valuable update to the educational offerings in this field. Led by a new team of highly esteemed authors, building on Dr Hendee’s tradition, Hendee’s Radiation Therapy Physics 4e offers a succinctly written, fully modernized update.
Radiation physics has undergone many changes in the last 10 years: intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) has become a routine method of radiation treatment delivery, digital imaging has replaced film-screen imaging for verification and localization, image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) is frequently used, new approaches have been introduced to radiation therapy safety and quality assurance that focuses more on process analysis rather than specific performance testing, in many centers proton therapy has become a viable mode of radiation therapy, and the explosion in patient-and machine-related data has necessitated an increased awareness of the role of informatics in radiation therapy. As such, this Fourth edition reflects the huge advances made over the past 10 years. This ebook:
- Provides state of the art content throughout
- Includes problem and answer sets for self-test
- The chapter on quality and safety contains content in support of new residency training requirements
- Fully revised and expanded imaging chapter discusses the increased role of digital imaging and computed tomography (CT) simulation
- Contains 4 brand new chapters; image-guided therapy, proton radiation therapy, radiation therapy informatics, and quality and safety improvement
This 4th edition is essential reading for radiation oncologists in training, students of medical physics, medical dosimetry, and anyone interested in radiation therapy physics, quality, and safety.