The 5th edition of this classic textbook establishes the standard for comprehensive coverage of immunology. Building from a solid foundation of skills and knowledge, trusted author Mary Louise Turgeon takes you from fundamental immunologic mechanisms and serologic concepts to the theory behind the procedures you’ll perform in the lab. Immunology and Serology in Laboratory Medicine, 5th Edition, (PDF) is the go-to resource for everything from excelling automated techniques to understanding immunoassay instrumentation and disorders of infectious and immunologic origin. Brimming with learning objectives, review questions, step-by-step procedures, and case studies, this text is your answer to succeeding in today’s modern laboratory environment.
- A glossary at the end of the ebook provides quick access to key terms and definitions.
- NEW! Key terms at the starting of each chapter help you learn the important vocabulary in immunology.
- Case studies challenge you to implement your knowledge and help strengthen your critical thinking skills.
- Full-color, six-page insert of photomicrographs provides a better picture of what you’ll see in the laboratory.
- NEW! Expanded chapters on Vaccines as the significance of vaccines continues to become more evident.
- NEW! Updated chapter on Molecular Techniques incorporates the newest technology specific to immunology.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter are tied to learning objectives further enhance your understanding.
- Chapter highlights at the end of each chapter give a summary of the most important information covered in each chapter.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter offer a measurable outcome you can achieve by completing the material.
- NEW! Case studies with added multiple-choice questions along with critical thinking questions will help you apply your knowledge and develop critical-thinking skills.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Immunology & Serology in Laboratory Medicine, 5th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.