Information Privacy Engineering and Privacy by Design: Understanding Privacy Threats, Technology, and Regulations Based on Standards and Best Practices is the Comprehensive Guide to Engineering and Implementing Privacy Best Practices
As systems grow more complex and cybersecurity attacks more unfaltering, safeguarding privacy is ever more challenging. Organizations are increasingly responding in two ways, and both are mandated by key standards like GDPR and ISO/IEC 27701:2019. The first approach, privacy by design, intends to embed privacy throughout the design and architecture of IT systems and business practices. The second, privacy engineering, includes the technical capabilities and management processes needed to implement, deploy, and operate privacy features and controls in working systems.
In Information Privacy Engineering and Privacy by Design, (ePub/PDF) internationally renowned IT consultant and author William Stallings brings together the comprehensive knowledge engineers and privacy executives need to apply both approaches. Utilizing the techniques he presents, technical professionals and IT leaders can systematically expect and respond to a wide spectrum of privacy requirements, vulnerabilities, and threats —addressing regulations, organizational policies, contractual commitments, and the expectations of their key stakeholders.
• Prevent data losses and breaches
• Address privacy issues related to cloud computing and IoT
• Enforce database privacy via anonymization and de-identification
• Understand the concepts of privacy by design and privacy engineering
• Review privacy-related essentials of information security and cryptography
• Respond to key privacy rules including GDPR, U.S. federal law, and the California Consumer Privacy Act
• Use modern system access controls and security countermeasures to partially satisfy privacy requirements
• Establish effective information privacy management, from governance and culture to audits and impact assessment
This guide will be an essential resource for anyone with privacy responsibilities in any organization, and for all college students studying the privacy attributes of cybersecurity.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Information Privacy Engineering and Privacy by Design in original ePub (kindle) formal. A converted PDF is also included. No access codes are included.