Revised and expanded, Integrating the Expressive Arts Into Counseling Practice, 2nd Edition, (PDF) displays a wider understanding of the corresponding strategy to therapeutic remedy. This is the solely ebook to combine expressive arts counseling methods with key theories of counseling and psychology. Significant adjustments to the second edition include new chapters that tackle Neuroscience and Counseling, Animal-Assisted Therapy, Mindfulness and Counseling, Trauma-Informed Counseling, and Family Counseling, along with a larger deal with cultural and variety issues all through. The ebook is up to date with over 30 new interventions together with video graphics and animal-assisted interventions, and contemporary details about the neuroscientific foundations of expressive arts therapies. Revised references in each chapter and a set of Instructor’s Materials additionally add to the worth of the second edition.
The textbook integrates expressive arts therapies with 12 ceaselessly used remedy modalities. Every chapter evaluations a selected idea and explains how expressive and artistic methods can assist and be simply mixed inside that orientation. More than 90 area-examined, step-by-step interventions—created by main practitioners—supply clinicians and college students methods that may be put to make use of instantly.
New to the 2nd Edition:
- Instructor’s supplies.
- Updated with new references.
- More than 30 new interventions together with videography.
- Cultural and variety issues in each chapter.
- New chapters tackle Neuroscience and Counseling, Mindfulness and Counseling, Trauma-Informed Counseling, Animal-Assisted Therapy, and Family Counseling and the Expressive Arts.
- Contains interventions that may be put to make use of instantly.
- Discusses acceptable populations, settings, and diagnoses for each intervention.
- Presents greater than 90 expressive artwork interventions in a simple, step-by-step format.
- Includes artwork, writing, bibliotherapy, motion, dance, drama, music, puppetry, and sand play.
- Combines expressive arts counseling methods with 12 main theories of counseling and psychology.
“When I used it, I felt it was a very helpful resource, linking work with the arts to the theoretical foundations of counseling.” ― Sally S. Atkins, EdD Professor ― Emerita Founding Director of Expressive Arts, Appalachian State
“Students like the activities as it helps them learn more about the counseling theory which was conversed in the Theories of Counseling class. It offers more application. Some activities are quite detailed and class time does not enable much practice. But, we discuss how this could be used in therapy groups/sessions … Integrating the Expressive Arts Into Counseling Practice 2e is short and very pointed in its information and use. We like it!” ― Judy A. Schmidt, EdD, CRC, LPCA ― the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
NOTE: The product solely contains the ebook Integrating the Expressive Arts Into Counseling Practice: Theory-Based Interventions 2nd Edition, in PDF. No access codes are included.