Introduction to Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, 2nd Edition, (PDF) enables students to gain basic knowledge of the essential concepts, techniques, and applications of the chemical analysis of pharmaceutical ingredients, drug substances, and final pharmaceutical products in biological fluids. An exceptional emphasis on pharmaceutical laboratory practices, like sample preparation and separation techniques, offers an efficient and practical educational framework for undergraduate studies in areas such as pharmaceutical sciences, forensic analysis, and analytical chemistry. Suitable for foundational courses, this vital undergraduate textbook introduces the common analytical methods used in qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis of pharmaceuticals.
This extensively revised 2nd edition includes a new chapter on chemical analysis of biopharmaceuticals, which includes discussions on purity testing, identification, and an assay of peptide and protein-based formulations. Also new to this edition are improved tables and colour illustrations, a streamlined chapter structure and text revised for increased comprehension and clarity.
- Introduces the basic concepts of pharmaceutical analytical chemistry and statistics
- Provides practice problems, detailed illustrations, and up-to-date practical examples
- Explores various analytical techniques commonly used in pharmaceutical laboratories
- Provides a systematic investigation of pharmaceutical applications absent from other textbooks on the subject
- Includes updated content aligned with the current United States and European Pharmacopeia regulations and guidelines
Covering the analytical concepts and techniques necessary for pharmaceutical analytical chemistry, Introduction to Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry 2nd edition is ideally suited for students of pharmaceutical and chemical sciences as well as analytical chemists transitioning into the field of pharmaceutical analytical chemistry.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Introduction to Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry 2e in the original ePub. A converted PDF is available on request. No access codes are included.