Introduction to Probability: Models and Applications (PDF) is an essential guide to the concepts of probability theory that puts the focus on models and applications.
The ebook Introduction to Probability offers an authoritative text that presents the main concepts and ideas, as well as the models, theoretical background, and applications of probability. The amazing authors—noted experts in the field—include a review of problems where probabilistic models naturally arise and discuss the methodology to tackle these problems.
A wide range of topics is covered that include the concepts of probability and conditional probability, univariate continuous distributions, univariate discrete distributions, along with a detailed presentation of the most important probability distributions used in practice, with their main properties and applications. Designed as a useful guide, the textbook contains a theory of probability, definitions, examples with solutions, charts, self-assessment exercises, computational exercises, illustrations, problems, and a glossary. This important textbook:
- Uses Mathematica software to illustrate the text’s computer exercises
- Features applications representing worldwide situations and processes
- Includes classroom-tested problems and solutions to probability exercises
- Highlights real-world exercises designed to make clear the concepts presented
- Offers two types of self-assessment exercises at the end of every chapter, so that college students may review the material in that chapter and monitor their progress.
Written for students majoring in engineering, statistics, computer science, physics, operations research, and mathematics, Introduction to Probability: Models and Applications is an accessible textbook that explores the basic concepts of probability and includes detailed information on models and applications.
NOTE: This sale only includes Introduction to Probability: Models and Applications in PDF. No media or access codes included.