Succinct yet thorough, Jekel’s Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Preventive Medicine, 4rd Edition (PDF) brings you today’s best knowledge on epidemiology, biostatistics, preventive medicine, and public health — in one convenient source. You’ll find the latest on healthcare policy and financing, chronic disease, infectious diseases, and disease prevention technology. This etextbook also serves as an outstanding resource for preparing for the USMLE, and the American Board of Preventive Medicine recommends it as a top review source for its core specialty examination.
- Showcases important concepts and calculations inside quick-reference boxes.
- Presents abundant illustrations and well-organized tables to clarify and summarize complex concepts.
- Discusses the financial concerns and the use and limitations of screening in the prevention of symptomatic disease.
- Emphasizes the application of biostatistical and epidemiologic concepts to everyday clinical problem solving and decision making.
- Includes 350 USMLE-style questions and answers, complete with detailed explanations about why various choices are correct or incorrect.
- Includes the latest information on SARS, Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE), the obesity epidemic, avian form of H5N1 influenza, and more.