Updated and revised with the latest epidemiologic research, the Life Cycle Nutrition: An Evidence-Based Approach, 2nd edition, (PDF) explores nutritional foundations and the growth, development, and normal functioning of folks through every stage of life. With subjects as diverse as media influences on eating, fruit juice consumption, skipping breakfast, and clinical nutrition, this textbook gives college students current knowledge, helps them evaluate emerging knowledge, and prepares them to uncover new knowledge for their clients, the public, and themselves.
Key Features of the 2nd edition:
- Interesting Vignettes, based on health and nutrition, enhance college student’s understanding of the material presented.
- Evidence-Based Practice sections contain research articles that provide university students with an opportunity to create peer-reviewed studies and clinical trials.
- Cultural Diversity Sidebars, integrated throughout the textbook, present issues that challenge students to think critically about the nutritional and health differences among ethnic groups.
- Case Studies and Nutritional Management help the students develop knowledge and skills within a wide variety of subjects and improve critical thinking, public speaking, and group interactions.
- Issues to Debate sections provide timely topics for debate and further consideration such as withholding and withdrawing nutrition, the ethical implications of nutrition care, and the right to die case law. Students will learn the physiological, ethical, moral, and legal issues surrounding these emotionally charged issues.
NOTE: This product only includes the ebook Life Cycle Nutrition: An Evidence-Based Approach, 2nd edition, in PDF. No access codes included.