Learn the basics of medical terminology with the ebook Medical Terminology: A Short Course, 8th Edition (PDF)! Based on Davi-Ellen Chabner’s proven learning method, this streamlined textbook omits nonessential, time-consuming information and helps students quickly build a working medical vocabulary of the most frequently encountered suffixes, prefixes, and word roots. Medical terms are introduced in the context of human anatomy and physiology so you understand the exact meaning, and vignettes, case studies, and activities demonstrate how they’re used in practice. With writing and interacting with medical terminology on almost every page, you will learn the content by doing the work. In addition, an Evolve companion website reinforces understanding with medical animations, flashcards, and word games.
- Full-color images illustrate anatomical and pathological terms.
- Spotlight feature identifies and clarifies potentially confusing terminology.
- NEW! Body Systems Challenge self-test reinforces content understanding at your own pace.
- First Person narratives help you to understand diseases and conditions from the patient’s perspective.
- Medical Terminology Check Up at the end of each chapter reinforces your understanding of key concepts.
- UNIQUE! Accompanying online course (MTO) provides interactive resources not possible in the printed textbook.
- Easy to read and understandable language allows you, regardless of medical background, to quickly grasp and retain medical terminology.
- Evolve student resources optimized for tablet use, and mobile-optimized versions of the flashcards and quick quizzes make it easier for on-the-go study and review.
- Picture Show activities, practical case studies, and vignettes demonstrate real-life applications of medical terms in describing describe pathology and procedures.
- Principal Diagnosis feature shows how medical terms are used in clinical practice by asking you to read physician notes about a case and determine the patient’s principal diagnosis.
- Self-teaching textbook/workbook approach reinforces learning every step of the way with labeling diagrams, pronunciation tests, and review sheets throughout the ebook.
NOTE: This sale only includes Medical Terminology: A Short Course, 8e, in PDF. No access codes included.