In No B.S. Direct Marketing (3rd edition), author Dan S. Kennedy dares marketers to dramatically simplify their marketing, refocusing on what works. Updated to address the newest media and marketing methods, this marketing masterplan delivers a short list of little-known, radically different, profit-proven direct mail strategies for ANY business. Strategies are illustrated by case history examples from an elite team of consultants — all phenomenally successful at borrowing direct marketing strategies from the world of infomercials, online sales, etc., to use in ’ordinary’ businesses including retail stores, restaurants, and sales.
From the Back Cover
Direct marketing expert Dan S. Kennedy and his team of elite consultants ― all successful at borrowing strategies from pure direct marketing businesses like J. Peterman, QVC, Zappos, and Publishers Clearinghouse ― deliver the fundamentals of direct marketing as it can be applied to any business, sales career, or professional practice. Then, they take you behind the scenes of exceptionally successful non-direct marketing businesses and show you how to cash in using their unorthodox direct marketing strategies.
You’ll learn the customer-getting, sales-boosting tactics you never knew existed and master Dan’s 10 No B.S. Rules of Direct Marketing for Non-Direct Marketing Businesses:
- Rule #1: There Will ALWAYS Be an Offer or Offers
- Rule #2: There Will Be Reason to Respond Right Now
- Rule #3: You Will Give Clear Instructions
- Rule #4: There Will Be Tracking, Measurement, and Accountability
- Rule #5: Only No-Cost Brand-Building
- Rule #6: There Will Be Follow-up
- Rule #7: There Will Be Strong Copy
- Rule #8: It Will Look Like Mail-Order Advertising
- Rule #9: Results Rule. Period
- Rule #10: You Will Be a Tough-Minded Disciplinarian and Put Your Business on a Strict Direct Marketing Diet
About the Author