Offers a comprehensive and updated account of WDM optical network systems
Optical networking has advanced significantly since 2010. A number of new technologies and applications have brought a considerable change in optical networks, migrating it towards an all-optical network. This ebook places great emphasis on the network concepts, technology, and methodologies that will stand the test of time and also help in understanding and developing advanced optical network systems.
The first part of Optical WDM Networks: From Static to Elastic Networks (PDF) provides a qualitative foundation for what follows—presenting a synopsis of optical networking, the different network architectures, basic concepts, and a high-level view of the different network structures considered in following chapters. It provides a survey of enabling technologies and the hardware devices in the physical layer, followed by a more detailed picture of the network in the remaining chapters. The upcoming sections give a detailed study of the three basic network structures: the static broadcast networks, wavelength-routed networks, and the electronic/optical logically routed networks covering the characteristics of the optical networks in the access, metropolitan area, and long-haul reach. It discusses the networking picture; network control and management, impairment management, and survivability. The final section of the book covers the upcoming technologies of flex-grid and software-defined optical networking.
- Features numerous examples and exercise problems for the student to practice
- Provides concise, updated, and comprehensive coverage of WDM optical networks
- Includes protocols, design, and analysis along with the control and management of the networks
- Covers, in detail, important topics, such as access, local area, metropolitan, wide-area all-optical and elastic network
- Offers exclusive chapters on advance topics to cover the present and future technological trends, such as software defined optical networking and the flexible grid optical networks
Optical WDM Networks: From Static to Elastic Networks is a perfect ebook for under and postgraduate students in electrical/communication engineering. It will also be very helpful to practicing professionals in communications, networking, and optical systems.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Optical WDM Networks: From Static to Elastic Networks in PDF. No access codes are included.