In Practical Autodesk AutoCAD 2021 and AutoCAD LT 2021, you will learn 2D drawing and 3D modeling from basics using AutoCAD 2021 and its more affordable LT version to become a CAD professional.
- Learn to use drawing management tools for working professionally on large projects
- Discover the AutoCAD GUI, file format, and drawing tools to get started with CAD projects
- Explore techniques for creating, adjusting, and managing 3D models and converting 2D plans into 3D models
AutoCAD LT and AutoCAD are one of the most versatile software applications for engineering and architectural designs and the most common computer-aided design (CAD) platform for 2D drafting and 3D modeling. This hands-on textbook will take you through everything you need to know to make the most out of this powerful tool, beginning from a simple tour of the user interface through to using advanced tools.
Starting with basic drawing functions and shapes, you’ll get to grips with the fundamentals of CAD designs. You’ll then be taught about effective drawing management using dynamic blocks, layers, and groups and discover how to add plot and annotations like professionals. Practical Autodesk AutoCAD 2021 and AutoCAD LT 2021 (PDF) delves into 3D modeling and helps you turn your 2D drawings into 3D models and shapes. As you advance, you’ll cover advanced features and tools such as isometric drawings, quantity surveying, drawing utilities for managing and recovering complex files, and multidisciplinary drawing files using xRefs, and you’ll learn how to apply them with the help of practical exercises at the end of every chapter. Finally, you’ll get to grips with visualizing and rendering your designs in AutoCAD.
What you will learn
- Convert your 2D drawings into 3D models
- Working with reusable objects like Blocks and collaborating using xRef
- Explore some advanced features like external references and dynamic block
- Get to grips with surface and mesh modeling tools such as Fillet, Trim, and Extend
- Use the paper space layout in AutoCAD for creating professional plots for 2D and 3D models
- Understand CAD fundamentals using AutoCAD’s basic functions, navigation, and components
- Create complex 3D solid objects starting from the primitive shapes using the solid editing tools in AutoCAD
Who this ebook is for
The ebook is for design engineers, architects, mechanical engineers, and anyone working in manufacturing, construction, or similar fields. Whether you’re a student, an absolute beginner, or professional looking to upgrade your engineering design skills, you’ll find this AutoCAD book useful. No previous knowledge of CAD or AutoCAD is necessary.
Table of Contents
By the end of the ebook, you’ll have developed a strong understanding of CAD codes and be able to work with AutoCAD software confidently to construct impressive 2D and 3D drawings.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Practical Autodesk AutoCAD 2021 and AutoCAD LT 2021: A no-nonsense, beginner’s guide to drafting and 3D modeling with Autodesk AutoCAD in PDF. No access codes are included.