A Practical Focus on the Concepts and Skills Essential to Your Success
With an accessible, student-friendly and clear approach, Videbeck’s Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, 8th edition, (PDF) clarifies challenging concepts and helps you build a foundation for working successfully with clients experiencing mental health challenges regardless of care setting. The textbook explores the full spectrum of psychiatric nursing, helping you master specific nursing interventions, hone your therapeutic communication skills and learn to apply content effectively within the framework of the nursing process.
- Client/Family Education boxes boost your teaching capabilities.
- Drug Alerts highlight essential concerns related to psychotropic drugs.
- Warning boxes alert you to FDA considerations for specific medications.
- Nursing Interventions entail key treatment strategies for specific disorders.
- Best Practice boxes provide the latest evidence-based findings in psychiatric nursing.
- Elder Considerations sections prepare you to care for the growing population of older adults.
- Nursing Care Plans demonstrate effective approaches for addressing specific client disorders.
- DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria boxes summarize the medical diagnostic features of specific disorders.
- Self-Awareness features foster your personal and professional development through self-reflection.
- Concept Mastery Alerts clarify important concepts essential to your classroom and clinical success.
- Cultural Considerations help you ensure culturally sensitive care for a wide range of client populations.
- Clinical Vignettes familiarize you with the features of major disorders you are likely to encounter in practice.
- Therapeutic Dialogues help you perfect your communication skills with specific examples of nurse-client interactions.
- Built-In Study Guide reinforces your understanding with multiple-choice questions, multiple-response questions and clinical examples at the end of each chapter.
- Watch and Learn icons point you to corresponding true-to-life Lippincott® Theory to Practice Video Series videos for a richer understanding of important mental health disorders.
- New! Unfolding Patient Stories written by the National League for Nursing put the nursing process in a realistic context to prepare you for successful client interactions and interventions.
NOTE: This sale only contains a converted PDF of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, 8th edition, meaning page numbers and formatting will NOT match the printed book.