Social Work Practice with Children, 4th edition (PDF) is a leading course textbook and practitioner resource for more than 20 years–now revised and updated–this ebook presents developmentally and culturally informed methods for helping children in school, family, and community settings. Author Nancy Boyd Webb provides vital guidance and tools for practitioners. The textbook presents research-based strategies for working with victims of maltreatment and trauma and also children affected by bullying, poverty, parental substance abuse, and other adversities. Vivid case examples illustrate the “how-tos” and “whys” of play and family therapy, group work, and school-based interventions. Student-friendly features involve thought-provoking discussion questions and role-play exercises. Reproducible assessment forms can be downloaded and printed in a handy 8 1/2″ x 11″ size.
New to This 4th Edition
- Discussion of therapist self-care.
- A chapter on working with immigrant and refugee children.
- Good Coverage of working with gender-nonconforming children.
- Coverage of additional evidence-based practices for intervening with kids.
- Updated for DSM-5, and features up-to-date research on brain development, trauma, and more.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Social Work Practice with Children (4th Edition) in PDF. No access codes are included.