Through the previous 4 outstanding editions, this highly regarded textbook has provided a clear, surgeon’s-point of view of orthopaedic anatomy using easy-to-follow descriptions accompanied by hundreds of superb, full-colour illustrations. The state-of-the-art Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics: The Anatomic Approach, 5th edition (ePub) brings you up to date with recent changes in the field, using a highly relevant anatomic approach that has become increasingly important as approaches become smaller. Designed to increase your anatomic knowledge, improve patient outcomes, and increase safety, this updated resource is a must-have reference for today’s orthopaedic surgeon.
Alternate Spellings = Surgical Exposures in Orthopedics: The Anatomic Approach 5e, PDF
- Revisions include clear depictions of the iliopectinal fascia and the step technique for the flip osteotomy of the greater trochanter.
- Seventeen high-quality procedural videos provide over an hour of surgeries from every relevant angle, including a split screen with diagrams.
- Every chapter details the techniques and pitfalls of a surgical approach gives a clear preview of anatomic landmarks and incisions and highlights potential dangers of deep and superficial dissection.
- New coverage of the posterior and postero-lateral approaches to the tibial plateau, surgical dislocation of the hip, a minimally invasive anterior approach to the hip joint, and the lateral approach to the metatarso phalangeal joint of the hallux.
- Updates of existing surgical approaches include expanded approaches for emergency decompression of a compartment syndrome of the lower leg and forearm, as well as the addition of a classic approach to fixation of distal radial fractures.
Enjoy the interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favourite content for future use
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the textbook
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the ebook, your notes, and even the web
‘a consistent foundation across generations’
‘the mainstay for resident and surgeon preparation for surgical procedures’
‘the leading reference on surgical approaches to the musculoskeletal system. Nothing else comes close.’
‘all the images are of the highest quality and thoughtfully represent a layered, stepwise, and anatomic approach’
‘The unique facet is its wonderful drawings that demonstrate the classic surgical approaches to the musculoskeletal system’
Weighted Numerical Score: 92 – 4 Stars! – Doodys Publishers’ Club, December 16, 2016
NOTE: The original format of this eBook is ePub (ideal for mobile devices. Page numbers do not match the physical ebook), however, a converted PDF is also included in this sale.