Simplify ECGs! Using a simple-to-understand, step-by-step approach and conversational tone, The 12-Lead ECG in Acute Coronary Syndromes, 4th Edition, (PDF) explains the process of 12-lead ECG interpretation for accurate identification and effective treatment of ACS. This new edition has been streamlined to focus on practice and explanation. It demonstrates to you how to determine the likelihood of ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) versus other causes of ST elevation. It encompasses innovative technology and developing paradigms in ECG interpretation, like the Cabrera format, which sequences impulse generation in a logical anatomic progression. In addition, more than 100 practice ECGs—over 25 of which are new—help test your knowledge. Written by two well-known educators—Barbara Aehlert, an experienced nurse and popular ACLS instructor and Tim Phalen, a paramedic, this guide includes the latest American Heart Association Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC) Guidelines, along with new research and information on recognizing and treating ACS in both pre-hospital and hospital environments.
- Chapter objectives help you identify key concepts
- Updated Consider This boxes highlight important tips.
- Updated Case studies encourage early recognition and treatment of ACS.
- Features a lay-flat spiral binding, making the ebook easy to use in any setting.
- Includes more than 200 colorful illustrations, including a large number of ECGs.
- Outlines efficient strategies for locating STEMI, allowing quick initiation of patient care.
- Brings practical advice for identifying noninfarct causes of ST elevation, including left ventricular hypertrophy, ventricular rhythms, bundle branch block, benign early repolarization, and pericarditis.
- NEW! Over 100 practice ECGs provide plenty of opportunity to test your knowledge.
- NEW! Includes innovative technology and evolving paradigms in ECG interpretation.
- NEW! Review questions reinforce the content.
- NEW! A reorganized and simplified table of contents facilitates study and quick reference.
- NEW! The straightforward writing style presents need-to-know information up front, making this complex subject matter easy to understand and apply.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, The 12-Lead ECG in Acute Coronary Syndromes, 4th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.