Bridging the gap between clinical practice and science, The Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Hematology, 4th Edition, (PDF) provides up-to-date, concise, coverage of “need to know” information on the diagnosis and treatment of bone marrow and blood disorders. Written by internationally recognized experts and senior fellows at the National Institutes of Health, and at leading research institutions throughout the USA, this essential digital pocket reference is logically organized by disease category and features a reader-friendly format that includes algorithms, tables, illustrations, and bulleted lists that highlight key information.
- Perfect as an everyday reference or for board review.
- Discusses the pathophysiology, risk factors, natural history, management, diagnosis, and follow-up of common hematological diseases.
- Ideal for the resident, medical student, or fellow on a hematology or oncology service, as well as the hospitalist, family practitioner, internist, and pediatrician who sees patients with blood diseases.
- Contains new information on treatment, diagnosis, and management of myelodysplastic and myeloproliferative disorders; disorders of hemostasis and thrombosis; leukemias and lymphomas. Features new diagnostic and treatment strategies, updated references, and revised information throughout.
Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as your laptop, tablet, computer, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting visual/auditory impairments, learning disabilities, second-language or literacy challenges, and more
“This handbook, The Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Hematology 4e is comprehensive and covers a wide range of topics on most of the common hematological diseases including leukemias, and lymphomas, myelodysplastic and myeloproliferative disorders, etc. The main emphasis is on having information at the fingertips that general providers and those in training will find useful.”
“This easy-to-use ebook is well-conceived and very well organized such that in a few pages, students can get all the information there is to learn about the practical aspects of the most common hematological diseases. The 28 chapters provide up-to-date information on a wide variety of topics that range from vitamin and iron deficiency, bone marrow failure syndromes, myeloproliferative disorders, anemia, leukemias, and lymphomas. The ebook also includes chapters on hemochromatosis, blood transfusion, and consultative hematology. Of note, it includes 2 very useful chapters on how to interpret standard hematological tests as well as one on the basic principles and clinical applications of flow cytometry. Where appropriate, there are illustrations and tables that make a topic easy to read and understand. Finally, every chapter is well documented with citations to relevant and current references in the literature to make this textbook a well-rounded companion.” – Weighted Numerical Score: 100 – 5 Stars! – Doodys Publishers’ Club, June ’18
NOTE: This sale only contains the ebook The Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Hematology, 4th edition, in the original ePub format and a converted PDF format. No other resources or codes come with this.