The Mind’s Machine, 2nd edition (PDF), was written to impart the core concepts of behavioral neuroscience to students in a diverse range of disciplines, including not only psychology and the other life sciences, but philosophy, media studies, art, linguistics, and the like. Through the use of streamlined textbook, novel pedagogical features, full-color art, and real-life examples and analogies, the ebook succeeded in engaging students new to neuroscience without sacrificing accuracy.
Features of the new 2nd edition:
- Photographs: Pictures show students ‘real-life’ examples of concepts and topics.
- Vignettes: Each chapter begins with a gripping vignette relating the material that follows to a real-life situation.
- Parts: Larger, standalone ‘Parts’ of chapters are written discretely to maximize flexibility in assigning readings.
- Boxes: Boxes describe interesting applications, important methods, sidelights, historical perspectives, or refreshers on theoretical concepts.
- Marginal Glossary: Bold-faced terms are defined in the margins of the ebook to help students identify and learn key terminology as they read.
- Researchers at Work: The important discoveries are explained and illustrated to highlight the process of experimentation and hypothesis testing.
- ‘How’s it going?’ Questions: At the end of each section are review questions to help students organize and rehearse what they’ve learned from the textbook.
- NEW! Signs and Symptoms: This new feature highlights important clinical issues related to the chapter topics that apply behavioral neuroscience to the study of clinical disorders.
- QR Codes: Using their smartphones, students can instantly access support material from the Companion Website, such as animations, activities, and videos to further explain topics.
- A Step Further: This feature offers additional, more advanced material for an instructor who wants to make certain topics more challenging or for students who want to know more
- Color Art: The figures are beautifully drawn to aid students’ understanding of biological processes. Concisely labeled and explained, the figures are one of the strongest pedagogical features in the textbook.
- Visual Summary: A graphic layout helps organize the material and directs college students to the figures that reinforce each point. Bold-faced key terms, callouts to pertinent figures, and references to the Companion Website are provided.
NOTE: This product only contains the ebook The Mind’s Machine 2e in PDF. No access codes included.