In University Physics for the Physical and Life Sciences Volume 1 (PDF), authors Philip R. Kesten and David L. Tauck take a fresh and innovative approach to the university physics (calculus-based) course. They combine their experience teaching biology (Tauck) and physics (Kesten) to create a textbook that engages college students by using medical and biological applications and examples to illustrate essential concepts.
The University Physics for the Physical and Life Sciences Vol. 1 eBook teaches the fundamentals of introductory physics, while weaving in formative physiology, biomedical, and life science topics to help science students connect physics to living systems. The authors help pre-med and life-science students develop a deeper appreciation for why physics is important to their daily lives and future work. With its thorough coverage of problem-solving strategies and concepts, University Physics for the Physical and Life Sciences ebook can also be used as a novel approach to teaching physics to scientists and engineers or for a more rigorous approach to teaching the college physics (algebra-based) course.
Volume 1: 1-4292-0493-1
Volume 2: 1-4292-8982-1 (NOT included in this purchase)
University Physics for the Physical and Life Sciences uses 6 key features to help college students learn the principle concepts of university physics:
- Detailed artwork designed to promote visual learning
- Conceptual questions (Got the Concept) built into the flow of the textbook,
- Special attention to common misconceptions that often plague science students
- “Estimate It!” problems that allow students to practice important estimation skills
- A seamless blend of physics and physiology with interesting examples of physics in students’ lives,
- A strong focus on developing problem-solving skills (Solve, Set Up, and Reflect problem-solving strategy)
P.S We also have the University Physics for the Physical and Life Sciences solution manual (ISM) for sale. See related products below.
NOTE: This purchase does not include any online access codes.