Written for nursing students in nurse educator programs, nursing faculty, and other health care educators, Virtual Simulation in Nursing Education (PDF) unpacks the necessary tools for successful integration of technology into nursing programs. The benefits of virtual simulation in nursing education are innumerable: easier to access, less expensive, and location independent compared with nondigital simulations. Yet the evolving nature of both curricula and technology complicates the implementation of a coherent integration plan. Success requires a coordinated impetus from administrators, faculty, and all students to enrich a technologically enhanced learning landscape. With a practical, how-to focus, this PDF ebook describes the unique demands and dynamics of using virtual simulation as a core teaching method and focuses on the best practices for integrating this technology into the nursing curriculum.
Learn best practices for successfully integrating virtual simulation into nursing curriculum
The first textbook to detail systematic strategies for students, faculty, and administrators, Virtual Simulation in Nursing Education examines the most effective teaching activities and methods, discusses challenges and pitfalls to integrating virtual simulation into a curriculum, and examines how learning outcomes are met. With an eye toward motivating college students to embrace technology throughout their careers, content illustrates how nursing students can leverage technologies to maximize learning and support practice. Replete with savvy tips from virtual simulation experts, chapters include exemplars that present the models in real-life scenarios, and clinical reasoning questions to reinforce learning.
- Accompanied by an Instructor’s Manual and PowerPoint slides
- Includes examples and clinical reasoning questions to reinforce content
- Provides a firm foundation for students to embrace technology throughout their careers
- Provides useful tools, best practices, and savvy strategies for integrating technology into the curriculum
- Demonstrates how nursing students can maximize learning and support practice with virtual simulation technology
- Teaches students of nurse educator programs, nurse educators, and administrators how to successfully use virtual simulation
Note: Only contains the PDF of the book. No online access codes are included with this purchase